Friday, July 19, 2013

Growing Up

27 June 2013

I went to the kindergarten today. Oh did I tell you I'm doing a volunteer work in the kindergarten? Yeah, 2 hours per week, just as a mean of killing time.

It was James birthday today. He looked so happy and excited. Everyone gathered around him. The other kids, the teachers, and his parents were also there to give full support to him.

No wonder it was so quiet as I entered the room.

There were also a birthday cake beside him and a few pictures when he was 1 until 4. It was conducted by Allan, one of the teachers there. They started to sing this I-don't-know-what-it's-title song 5 times as James turning 5 today. After each time, James was showing his picture to everyone when he was 1, 2, 3 and 4. He was so cute when he was small. He is still, now.

Soon, they sang the classic birthday song and right after that James cut the cake with a very satisfied face. Bet he was so happy on his birthday.

James turned 5, which also means that this would be his last day in kindergarten.

"I'm gonna miss you, James" said a few kids.

"I'm gonna miss you too"

Smiles.

______________________________________________________________________________

Turning 5 is a big number for a pre-school kid. That means that they will graduate from pre-school and start their primary school. Putting my feet on James' shoes, bet he would feel a little bit nervous on the fact that he would have to leave kindergarten and all his friends behind to start anew and afresh in primary school.

And wondering what would happen next in the future would somehow make you think if you're going to survive all the challenges in front of you.

Nah, James is too small to think about that. Don't you think so?

Yup, it's actually me. Thinking of the future. Growing up is hard. It got me thinking when would I be serious with my business in this life. May Allah has mercy on me.

I'm turning 21 today. Growing up is a must. Growing old is not necessary.

No comments:

:)

there's always a little truth behind every "JUST KIDDING ", a little knowledge behind every " I DON'T KNOW ", a little emotion behind every " I DON'T CARE ", and a little pain behind every " IT'S OKAY "