Friday, February 12, 2016

#3

Invercargill. (One of the southernmost towns in the world)

Officially starting my first half of surgery run in Invercargill. Loving every part of it. I really appreciate that this hospital is smaller than Dunedin Hospital. Everyone is very welcoming. I attached with Mr Richter, one of the surgeons here with a very thick accent (might be French, Germans IDK - somewhere around there) but he's very welcoming and kind. Gotta change my perceptions towards consultants now. But its too early I think to say something, he might change in a sec, I havent yet seen him under pressure or something like that, but I would say its so far so good, and hopefully it stays like that.

One of the nurses realized I am a muslim, and she mentioned about the muslim community here in Invercargill. She even recommended me to come to Saturday morning minor surgery clinics, because the doctor is a muslim and might have a lot more to tell about the community, eg the location of the mosque etc.

Isn't she kind? very culturally competent, I would say.

I don't know, but I feel like all my prayers are being answered through these good people. Alhamdulillah. Thank You Allah.


"Allah does not burden any human being with more than he can bear..." 2:286

Yes, it can't get any more truer than this. 

Till then.

No comments:

:)

there's always a little truth behind every "JUST KIDDING ", a little knowledge behind every " I DON'T KNOW ", a little emotion behind every " I DON'T CARE ", and a little pain behind every " IT'S OKAY "